March 13, 2012
Only two agencies out of thousands take home more awards
EAST LANSING, Mich. — Publicom Inc., a marketing communications firm specializing in strategic marketing campaigns for service industry organizations, has won 11 creative awards in the 9th Annual Service Industry Advertising Awards (SIAA) competition.
Out of more than 2,000 entries in the nationwide contest, only two agencies — Bergeron Creative Studios in Boston, Mass., and Matcha Design in Tulsa, Okla. — took home more awards.
"We have great clients to work for and a creative team second to none,” said Lisa O’Connor, president of Publicom. “Being among the top three finishers in a prestigious national content like this proves that elite-class marketing work can come from anywhere, including East Lansing, Michigan. We’re very proud and humbled.”
The SIAA is the only competition to specifically recognize advertising excellence in the service industry. A national panel of judges scored entries based on execution, creativity, quality, consumer appeal and overall breakthrough advertising content.
This year, Publicom won three gold, two silver, three bronze and three merit awards.
- Radio Single ∼ “Pause to Play”∼ Bay Regional Medical Center
- Total Ad Campaign ∼ "Save the Date" ∼ Lansing Education Advancement Foundation
- Magazine Single ∼ “ENT Journal Dr. Whitaker” ∼ Lifestyle Lift
- Total Ad Campaign ∼ “Fighting Chance” ∼ McLaren Regional Medical Center
- Imprinted Materials ∼ “Special Powers T-shirt Logo” ∼ Special Days Camps
- Outdoor board ∼ “Pause to Play” ∼ Bay Regional Medical Center
- Television Single ∼ “Cardiovascular Group” ∼ Ingham Regional Medical Center
- Poster ∼ “Replacing Cancer with Sunshine” ∼ Special Days Camps
- Brochure ∼ “LEAF” ∼ Lansing Education Advancement Foundation
- Miscellaneous ∼ “Wish Boat” ∼ Special Days Camps
- Television Single ∼ “Plastic Wrap”∼ The Detroit Area Diaper Bank
Six of the winning entries were created during Publicom’s Pro Bono Publico!, a 24-hour, around-the-clock blitz to benefit nonprofit agencies in southeast Michigan. During Pro Bono Publico, Publicom staffers and volunteers create marketing, communication and public relations materials and strategies free of charge for agencies in need.
Founded in 1979, Publicom Inc. is an integrated marketing communications firm specializing in brand development and on-brand behavior for service companies throughout the nation. Publicom provides strategic planning, marketing research, advertising, creative services, media planning services and public relations counsel to clients in a variety of service industries including health care, finance, insurance and education. To view a portfolio and for more information about the Publicom team visit publicom.com.
# # #